Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Kansas City Photography Workshop With Shelley Paulson

Before I begin to pour out what's been going on with me this past month and something days here in Kansas City, I thought I'd start by sharing a little something I did a couple weeks ago for fun! I went to this photography workshop which I saw an ad for on the bulletin that they passed out at FCF one Sunday. It said a professional photographer by the name of Shelley Paulson would be hosting it and it was gonna be an 8-hour workshop which not only was educational on photography but also hands on. Her teaching was mostly on natural lighting and the beauty of it as opposed to flash photography. It amazed me because I truly was a flash junkie and just loved the way the flash made the pictures look to me, even though it really didn't look very natural. She taught me a alot. I had no idea there were so many different types of light. I love taking photos of people, children, nature, events, etc. but I did it because it was a fun hobby and I love the feeling it gave me but I had never thought to look deep into it. I usually just photographed on Auto or played a little on Program. Shelley went a little deeper and at times, I admit I was a little lost with the terminology but in the midst of all of it, I learned quite a bit and it left me interested to know more. I realized that this could possibly be something I could do as a career or a side job besides being a full time missionary to the house of prayer and being a worship leader. Shelley also shared her passion and heart for photography and it made me fall in love with photography more for some reason. She shared how photography heals in three ways. 1) It is an act of love. 2) It makes an honest connection (with the person you photography). 3) It gives comfort. And I particularly loved these quotes that she shared,

"Every time you photograph someone, you tell them, 'You're important enough to remember'" -Cheryl Jacobs-Nicolai

"Vision is given freely to those who ask to see"
-Anonymous

I love photography. :)




































-Christine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
i`m head over heels in love with Jesus. i was made to love Him and be loved by Him. i`m a musician. i`m a singer. i`m a dancer. i`m spontaneous. i`m goofy. i`m a smiler. :D i`m blessed. i`m random. i`m a good listener. i`m trustworthy. i`m original. i`m unique. i`m set apart, consecrated unto Him, and i live my life only to glorify, worship, and love my beloved with all of my heart, all of my soul, all of my mind, and all my strength.